"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. " Romans 15:13

Keepin on Shootin

This weekend we ventured down to our old stomping ground to visit friends and family. It was a quick trip, but fun and full of good times. We stayed with our sweet friends the Vaughans. Shauna got up and made us her deliciously Divine chocolate chips scones. Yummy! Justin then blessed me with taking my son with him off to the archery shoot. See, Ryan's grandpa help start the Siskiyou Bowmen MANY years ago. Now... my brother-in-law is the president of the club. And we love to come down and take advantage of one the greatest family sports. ARCHERY! It's a Campbell thing... which I (being the "city girl") have learned to love and appreciate. Since hunting was such a big part of Ryan's life I desperately want to teach and expose my kids as much as I can. I, personally don't hunt. But I'll cheer on those who do! Thankfully God's placed many people in our life that help teach and practice the art of archery. Cuz, we all know that's not my gift...

To watch my kids light up when we go out to shoot our bows, gives me such joy. I know Ry would be lovin it too!!! The kids remember goin huntin with daddy. So, when we go out and shoot with Grandpa Ron, Uncle Denny, or cousin Jeff the kids just love it, cuz it brings back those memories and we're making new ones too.

I think it's important to carry on some of those special hobbies that our loved ones enjoyed so much. To me, it keeps their memory alive...plus it brings joy to know that we're enjoying something daddy loved to do too. Which tells the kids, "hey, I'm like my daddy!" Anyways, it was a great day! And I thought I'd share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment